Take a Chance/ Coat of Many Colors

abba.jpg abba image by franchuta
I can’t help it. 

I’ve never got into Mama Mia! the musical, but I am devoted to Abba.

Here is my favorite Abba song….I just love the melodies.  Just listen to the first five seconds and you’ll get hooked!

And how cheesy is the video? It aint easy being cheesy!


And of course, I’ve never been to Dollywood, but it is in my life’s “to do list” to make a pilgrimage there before I die.
dolly-parton_3[1] 00390m[1] 00420m[1]

Here is one of my favorite, one of them, of Dolly Parton’s songs.  It is VERY FASHION-RELEVANT.  The song is called Coat of Many Colors, and the song tells the story of how Dolly, when she was just a poor little southern girl, had to wear hand-me-downs and rags to school. Anyways, just listen to the deeply emotional song and tell me what you think. You will not regret it.  It still makes my eyes water.

They ain’t high fashion, they are just simple folk people who like their folk music.  And I love Stardoll for bringing them to us because not everything in life can be high fashion. Sometimes, there are deeper, more meaningful things in life than pretty little material things.

And like that Coat of Many Colors, it is not the label or the price, but the story behind that favorite pair of jeans, or favorite pair of shoes.

Mine is a shark’s tooth necklace that my very old friend, who i haven't seen in like 7 years, sent to me as a birthday present when we were young. 

What is your item possession of sentiment?

You have read this article Abba / Dolly Parton with the title Take a Chance/ Coat of Many Colors. You can bookmark this page URL http://viciomusicayelamor.blogspot.com/2009/05/take-chance-coat-of-many-colors.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...