Fall '09 Campaigns!

The Fall 2009 fashion campaigns are coming! I cannot wait to see all of the beautiful models that we love in the ads for all of the beautifully gifted designers that we love! There are always pleasant surprises. The ad campaigns are always so fun to see. After all, the ads fill up a very large majority of our favorite fashion magazines.

Here is a glimpse at Givenchy Fall 2009 shot by Mert & Marcus, starring Mariacarla Boscono (predictable), Adriana Lima (interesting...), Ranya Mordanova, Iris Strubbegger, and Leonor Scherrer:
























































I must say that the ad really doesn't do anything for me. To be honest, I don't like this new generation of models including Ranya and Iris. They are beautiful, but they just lack that natural grace, and presence in my opinion. I really hope this isn't the future of fashion. It's just too damn emotionless! When I look at them, I just see very thin girls, with high cheek bones, and pale skin - who were told by a group of men to get their hair cut and to never smile in public - god, that's like the most cliché attempt at creating an "edgy" look. About 50% of fashion is the attitude. I don't understand why girls like Jourdan Dunn and Karlie Kloss can't book campaigns like this - when they have that natural intensity, not just some manufactured look. 

That's just what I think...
You have read this article Ad Campaign / Givenchy with the title Fall '09 Campaigns!. You can bookmark this page URL http://viciomusicayelamor.blogspot.com/2009/05/fall-campaigns.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...