Daphne Guinness and Pugh Influence

I had mentioned earlier that I love the whole “Sasha Fierce” look but thought it was a bit of a rerun of something Daphne Guinness and Roisin Murphy have done.

Well, here are my evidence:

Recently Updated164 
Daphne Guinness’ Metalic Hand vs. Beyonce.

Recently Updated197
Roisin Murphy’s Gareth Pugh vs. Beyonce’s Gareth Pugh.

Now to be completely honest, I have never heard of Roisin Murphy nor of Daphne Guinness until a few months ago (I, living on the other side of the pond where the avante-garde don’t get much coverage).  But since I learned that they are the original trendsetters of this look, I certainly have added these two fine ladies in my radar.

I definitely have a thing for that “armor” look.

I just love women who dare to be different. Women who are pioneers.

And I also found pictures of Roisin’s Gareth Pugh at a great angle.
roisinmurphygareth

And while on the subject of Daphne Guinness, I definitely think she deserves some recognition and r-e-s_p-e-c-t.  After all, the gal does have a House of Holland shirt where she is naked.
daphhh 

And I also love this cover of Daphne and Gareth Pugh:
timecoverzk5 

Also, while on the subject, some Gareth Pugh-Giles Deacon-House of Holland loving.
picture-72

They are adorable in those shirts.

Anyways, at this point, that Gareth Pugh “Predator-meets-Wizard-of-Oz” look is getting a bit old for me. Even Roisin Murphy is ditching it, after realizing that Lady Gaga and Beyonce have jumped on the bandwagon.

“I did a lot of very crazy avant-garde stuff on the last record," she explained. "And now the other girls are doing it and I have to move on — do you know what I mean?”

Is this look a one-season-wonder, or could we use more of it?

You have read this article Beyonce / Daphne Guinness / Gareth Pugh / Roisin Murphy with the title Daphne Guinness and Pugh Influence. You can bookmark this page URL http://viciomusicayelamor.blogspot.com/2009/05/daphne-guinness-and-pugh-influence.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...