Lisa Loeb and 90’s Nostalgia

Gewp[1]

Gwyneth “Goop” Paltrow (aka Gewp) in 1990’s Donna Karan.

Me and my friend were getting ready and we stumbled across the 1998 version of Great Expectation, starring Gwyneth Paltrow and Ethan Hawke.

We suddenly felt nostalgic with the 90’s and went into YouTube to look up this Lisa Loeb video directed by Ethan Hawke.

We sang along to it twice, karaoke style.  We are getting hosed tonight.

I love the 90’s. And Lisa Loeb’s quirky trademark glasses.

So I wrote this post while my friend hogs the straightening iron.

I haven’t seen this music video since , gawd, I don’t know, since Carson Daly was still hosting TRL. The Music Video is so angsty, I love it! Many memories of high school fights and heartbreaks.

Love the simple LBD and tights.  Doesn’t it just look timeless? This could have been shot yesterday.

Have any of you youngsters ever heard of this song?

UPDATE

Let’s add Jewel to this 90’s Nostalgia Playlist.

I always hear this song at weddings but I love it. I didn’t love it then, but I love it now.

Especially as they used it in that The Office episode when Pam’s heart get’s broken at Phyllis's wedding.

This video could so be an editorial for French Vogue, right? Well, the set and the concept, not the clothes.

You have read this article 90's with the title Lisa Loeb and 90’s Nostalgia. You can bookmark this page URL http://viciomusicayelamor.blogspot.com/2009/06/lisa-loeb-and-90s-nostalgia.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...