Influence Me, YSL



I could have called this post
"Yves Saint Laurent and the art of Flowers", but our girl Kasia was quicker than me and got the fantastic idea of this even more fantastic outfit. And you know what they say... a picture's worth a thousand words.

Days ago, when the Vivienne Tam outfits were revealed with our favourite guilty pleasure (a.k.a. the spoilers glitch), an outfit called my attention. And it reminded me of something I had seen before. I really like Vivienne's clothes, she has excelled with that silk crafting technique so far that her clothes could be considered work of arts themselves.

But... I have seen his beautiful outfits before, I thought. And I rushed to my pics archive (I tend to save lots of pics in my computer with no particular reason) and I found it. Three little letters and you got the solution: YSL.

Nobody can deny Yves Saint Laurent was a great designer, but nobody can deny Stefano Pilati is doing his best either. He did his homework and checked YSL archives and with his own brilliant mind came out with fabulous creations.


























The coat on the left is from Yves Saint Laurent's 1986 Fall Collection. On the right you can see an awesome wedding gown designed for the 1999 Spring Collection.

The following pics are from Yves Saint Laurent's Fall 2006 Collection. I love this coat, and I'm sure Kasia remembered it as well.
























The following pics are from Yves Saint Laurent's Spring 2007 Collection.
Stefano Pilati said he had been inspired by "violets, which to the Greeks symbolized modesty, humility, and virginity—and the feeling of transition from spring into summer." Check out these gorgeous, delicate dresses.
















































I like Vivienne Tam's Spring 09 Collection.
But I will always love YSL's art of flowers better.

You have read this article Influence Me / YSL with the title Influence Me, YSL. You can bookmark this page URL http://viciomusicayelamor.blogspot.com/2009/06/influence-me-ysl.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...