NYC Fashion Week S/S 2010 Day 4

Derek Lam, Diane Von Furstenberg, Victoria Beckham, DKNY, Y-3, Duckie Brown, Erin Fetherston, Herve Leger, Tuleh, Vpl, Reem Acra, Victor Glemaud, London Dager

First off, I’d just like to say that “minor” designers are important too. We can’t discount them just like that and be comfortable with ignorance. If we just ignore them and dismiss them without even giving them a chance, then we are doomed to mediocrity. What if Anna Wintour had never went to Galliano’s first show just because John wasn’t established?

Secondly, Paris and Milan are far away in the schedule and more so, there are so many other shows going on right now. I don’t see the point in fretting about anything else right now. It is pointless. We must live in the present and enjoy the shows that are actually happening.

Now on to Sunday’s shows.

ss10-A-Y3-Moment Yesterday we saw the return of (now blonde) Vlada at Y-3 and Vpl (which isn’t in style.com). And at Y-3 Irina Lazareanu opened and kicked soccer balls at the finale while Jesus Luz made an appearance. While one of Anna Wintour’s favorite menswear designer, Thom Browne, gave a…unique…show.

Derek Lam Derek Lam-1 Derek Lam


I loved everything about this show. From the clothes, the models and even the crazy make up.

Style.com put the whole feel of this collection perfectly “forties by way of the disco era”. And you know I am a sucker for disco. Bianca Jagger would cut a bitch for these outfits.

Jac can add this to her list of shows she’s opened. Caroline Trentini finally made an appearance while Lily Donaldson closed the show. Also it was in this show that I noticed how scary thin Magdalena has gotten. Freja too, looks haggard and boney (more so than usual). I don’t know what’s going on, but I hope those girls try to get healthy soon.

Diane Von Furstenberg
Diane Von Furstenberg-1
Diane Von Furstenberg-2 Diane Von Furstenberg

Prada girl Kendra Spears opened while Arlenis closed. She’s smiling because in the live feed of the show, you could hear Madonna’s “Erotica” song playing.

I have to say I always love DvF’s fabric. Like if I were to make my own clothes, I’d want bolts of DvF. All that color and prints are so lustworthy for me.

I guess she is also doing that whole 70’s silhouette thing.

Victoria BeckhamVictoria Beckham

She’s not tampering with a formula that work. Form fitting, structurally sound dresses that flatter the body. Except this time, she added more color!

My favorites are looks 3,4 and 5 along with the black lace Givenchy-like dress in the middle.

DKNY DKNY-1 DKNY-2 DKNY

Stardoll collectors, does some of this look familiar to you? Didn’t she do the whole pink and gray thing already?

I do like the last four dresses as well as that cuffed pink onesie. I loved how they kept it young.

Also expect to buy “smoothie” shorts from the starplaza in Spring 2010.

Y3 Y3-1 Y3-2 Y3-3 Y-3
Joining Irina L are Vlada and Naty, who seems to be gaining steam today. Oh…and Jesus Luz walked the runway (he’s the one in the red scarf).

I have always been  a fan of Yohji Yamamoto’s aesthetic.

I would kill to own half these clothes in my closet (I actually already have a Yoji jacket that I wear constantly and is getting a bit worn").

Thom Browne Thom Browne-1 Thom Browne-3 Thom Browne

Remember when Anna Wintour appeared on David Letterman and she told Dave he should check out Thom Browne’s designs because Thom cuffs the pants really short to show off the socks? Well this is Thom Browne, right here.

This show is the most lol worthy so far. How can you not laugh at look #3 with the guy wearing a skirt? Or how can you not say wtf at look #5? Yet what tops all that are the eye-covering hats in the last few looks.

I spot Sean Opry, Lenz, and Gerhard looking like a flawless Malfoy. They all had Lady Gaga lipstick on.

Erin FetherstonErin Fetherston

See through Givenchy-like floral fabric? This girl has never been that original and she didn’t change her tune, not even this time around.

Herve Leger Herve Leger-1 Herve Leger

More booty dresses.

The girls looked really good though, especially Allah and Hind, whose jackets I want to steal.

Tuleh Tuleh-1 Tuleh

This collection surprised me. I would love to have this whole collection in my closet, except maybe the white dresses…because you know, I’d look like a crazy lady with wedding dresses I’ve never used in my closet.

Vpl Vpl-1 Vpl-2
Vpl

Hmm…this collection was on trend with the orange,

The nude body suit looked very Margiela.

Reem Acra Reem Acra-1  Reem Acra-2
Reem Acra

This collection is quite disjointed but Tim Gunn likes his designs, ‘nuff said.

Victor Glemaud Victor Glemaud

I wouldn’t mind it if guys started dressing like this. The world could always use more color.

London DagerLondon Dager

Hmm…Thiago is everywhere this season. More orange…

You have read this article 2010 Spring/Summer / Derek Lam / DKNY / DvF / Fashion week / s/s 2010 / Victoria Beckham / Y-3 with the title NYC Fashion Week S/S 2010 Day 4. You can bookmark this page URL http://viciomusicayelamor.blogspot.com/2009/09/nyc-fashion-week-ss-2010-day-4.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...