Karl V.S. Heidi














To be honest, I don't really like Heidi Klum. I think she gets way too much credit for a career that she never had, while Tyra - who did have a career working for top designers, gets absolutely no credit. However, I really cannot stand Karl Lagerfeld's views on almost everything. Really. For a  75 year old professional man, who has had one of the most prestigious roles in the business for decades and decades - he sure sounds like an ignorant stereotype. 

After going on about how Heidi Klum is simply too fat, he begins to say; "She always grins so stupidly. That is not avant-garde - that is commercial." 

Wow. I'm embarrassed. Honestly, that sounds like something someone would say if they were imitating Karl Lagerfeld - like, an outsider's view on what fashion is all about from watching  "Zoolander" a few too many times. Smiling 'is commercial' - really? Very sophisticated, and unique view on fashion, Karl. Heidi Klum is fat - really? I always thought she was just a 36 year old woman, I guess I was wrong. She should really have the body of a 12 year old if she ever wants to be considered a model. 

God. I wish Yves Saint Laurent was still alive.

After that, he went on about Heidi's husband Seal. "I am no dermatologist but I wouldn't want his skin. Mine looks better than his. He is covered in craters." Yeah, maybe that's because he suffers from Discoid Lupus Erythematosus which caused his cheeks to scar, and significant scalp involvement causing hair loss when Seal was just a young teenager.

Karl, I don't know you. I've tried hard to like you, but everything you say is just so offensive. You could attach your name to any European label, live in the most expensive home in the world, have Anna Wintour worship you for all I care, but at the end of the day, I wonder if you really are as great as your success. 


You have read this article Heidi Klum / Karl / YSL with the title Karl V.S. Heidi. You can bookmark this page URL https://viciomusicayelamor.blogspot.com/2009/06/karl-vs-heidi.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...